Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Communication

They say in these relationships that communication is key. This often leads to some misconceptions that both parties are going to be engaged in deep and meaningful explorations of each other's feelings. Like so many things of course nothing could be further from the truth. In fact what most should be aiming for is clear communication... it is going to be used far more often in day to day life. Why, you may be wondering? Well it's the expectations surrounding the simple things that often cause the most trouble...


Is there any soft drink in the fridge?
Yes
Would you get it for me?
Is that like a question or one of those things that are really an order couched as a question? It's a little hard to tell.
I want you to want to get it for me
Ribald laughter
And failing that I want you to get it for me anyway
L

1 comment:

kaya said...

Bwaha! I love you guys. Srsly.